Subject: Re: Multiple cipe tunnel
From: "Mike Gende" <mgende,AT,gendesign,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:09:56 +0200

> OR in other words...
>
> How do I specify multiple cipe devices.
>
> In case of dynamic address I have to specify `dynip` on the
> machine with dynamic address or the other host.

Hey Milind,

we have a host with a static ip as a "hub" to talk to several other
individual cipe hosts. The individual cipe hosts all have dynamic
ip addresses.

The we we do it is to use the "me" and "peer" tags in the
/etc/cipe/options.cipcbx file. On the individual hosts, the "me"
is set to 0.0.0.0, the "peer" to our hubs' static ip address.

The hub computer has several /etc/cipe/options.cipcbx files, one
for each individual host. The "me" in all files is set to it's own
static address and the "peer" in all are set to 0.0.0.0, as they could
be anything on any given day. They only thing different in each  file
is the "port" entry after the "me" and "port", i.e.:
me    123.456.567.345:9997
peer   0.0.0.0:9997
This agrees with the port entry in the individual hosts' options file.

Cipe has to be up and running on both sides to work, that is, started
locally. Traffic starts being passed when the 0.0.0.0 side sends some
traffic, we use pings, to the hub. Then, the hub's cipe code senses
what the individual host's ip address is and we're ready for business.

I wasn't really sure of your question, hope this sheds some light. If not,
just hit "delete".

Regards,

Mike