Subject: Lag/Pauses while using CIPE
From: "Bruce Sackett" <bruce,AT,oec-sys,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:04:28 +0200

I seem to be having a problem with a set of CIPE connections and lag (pings
are consistent, speed is good, but connections 'hang' for 1 to 10 seconds)

I have one location with two cipe interfaces, each to a remote location with
a single cipe connection.  All three connections are very high speed, all
share a provider and routing is as close to direct as you can get (maybe 2
hops at most).  If I ssh through the systems without going through the cipe
interface, everything seems to work well.  As soon as I go through the cipe
interfaces, the lag begins.  It seems to increase pretty dramatically as
more users are logged in through the interfaces.

These users are ONLY using telnet and sending print jobs through the cipe
interfaces, no file sharing,etc.  The lag can be seen easily just by doing
an 'ls -l' on a large directory structure.

Help!

---Bruce Sackett
   bruce,AT,oec-sys,DOT,com
   (541) 342-3325