Subject: Re: Lag/Pauses while using CIPE
From: Nathan Neulinger <nneul,AT,umr,DOT,edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:42:39 +0200

That is supposed to work, but I know on my home machine, I had problems
till I lowered my machines mtu further. Not clear why, and I didn't
diagnose thouroughly.

In my case, I have

m1 <=> m2 <=cipe=> m3

the m2-m1 link is local switch, has a 1420 mtu on the m1 side, but m2
side running fine with 1452 mtu. (I know, doesn't make any sense, this
is a left over hack, have never had a chance to go back and figure out
exactly what the settings should be.)

But, you might try lowering, just to see if it has any effect. The
problems I saw were complete hangs of anything receiving large chunks of
data.

-- Nathan