Subject: Re: Problems with cipe data
From: Peter van den Heuvel <peter,AT,bank-connect,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:26:05 +0200

> Ich have a setup consiting to one machine acting as a firewall with a
> external and an internal nic and one machine with a public ip (which has
> only one nic and is behind a firewall)
> I opened up port 9000 on both sides. I can start the cipe on both
> machines. But there are no packets going through.
> Is it possible to establish a cipe with only one nic ?
It should. I realize I never tried it. But my best guess is a problem
with the in-between firewall and router. Make sure there is no
ESTABLISHED rules on the cipe UDP rules and check your routes.

Personally I would favour cipe on the firewall and get some control over
the internal traffic as well.

Peter