Subject: CIPE over HTTPS proxies.
From: ulf,AT,eklund,DOT,com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:20:09 +0200

Hi all,

I'm thinking of modifying CIPE so that it can be run over HTTPS proxies. Does
anyone know of such or other CIPE over TCP modifications attempts? Please let
me
know!

The reason for doing this is that I want to setup an true IP tunnel between a
W2K
machine, which resides behind a very strict firewall, and linux server, on a
public IP. Using the HTTPS proxy ensures an unmodified and uninspected
payloads,
and creating outbound TCP conections via HTTPS proxies is simple. CIPE is the
only complete tunneling sw, with source code that supports booth W2K and
linux.

I know there are reasons not to tunnel CIPE over TCP, but in my senario its
the
only chance. It could work with PPTP over SSH over HTTPS proxy or something
similar also but that is not as neat as a CIPE solution would be.

Any feedback regarding this is apreciated.

Regards,

Ulf EKlund.