Subject: RE: Slow transfer over cipe-tunnel
From: "Dave Brotherstone" <davegb,AT,pobox,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:05:29 +0200

What are the two FW machines?  And are they doing anything else?  How fast
is the internet connection at either end?

Either the FW machines are slow, and hence the extra computation required is
slowing you down - this is only noticable if you're moving a good deal of
traffic, and the machine is reasonably slow, and the internet connection is
reasonably slow.  E.g. I've noticed a (significant) difference between a
P100 and an AMD Athlon 550.

Either that or you've got some setup with UDP reply timeouts - that can
cause significant delays.  It all really depends on what else is going on.

hth,
Dave.