Subject: RE: Stable NT based solution
From: "Juergen K. Zick" <juergen.zick,AT,ifa,DOT,uni-kassel,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:47:53 +0200

Hi everybody,

I have exactly the same problems as  "Kim, Sang Dong"
<SDoKim,AT,fciconnect,DOT,com>
was explaining.
More detailed in my case, it`s a NT4.0 on one side and W2K with a
NAT/DSL-router on the other side. For testing I used a transparent
connection (just NAT, no encrypting) and a CIPE connection (again NAT and
CIPE encypted), PING turnaround times 80ms w/o CIPE, 130ms w CIPE).

The CIPE connection was a little bit slower, but sometimes it just stops
and only restarting the service on one bring the tunnel up again ...
When connecting a drive via Micro$oft's DRIVE SHARING it looks like the
tunnel is fast only while I send/copy much data across it. As soon as I
stop browsing around on that drive oer copying data the CIPE speed goes
down at once, sometimes stopping completely ...
It was that way in all of the last WIN32-versions ...

I was watching the packet between the NAT/DSL-Router and the W2K machine as
well, it looks like the w2k machine does not get all packets or does not
answer ... I have no idea, what might be the cause ... and it prevents me
from using CIPE regulary ...

best regards,

Jürgen Zick

--
   I   FFFFF   A    Juergen Zick, Dipl.-Berufspaed. Dipl.-Ing. VDI
   I   F      A A   FB15 - Institute of Industrial Science (IfA)