Subject: Re: Win2k Cipe Tunnel to Public IP
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:31:25 +0200

1) When there is a dynamically changing IP address on one side of a link, the
static peer must have as its peer address 0.0.0.0. CIPE will determine the
dynamic peer's address when it sends a packet to the static one. Hopefully,
we in the CIPE world may decide to allow DNS resolvable hostnames as peer
addresses so that dynamic hostname services could be used.

2) What you now need are the correct route table entries to effect your
setup.
CIPE-Win32 allows you to execute a dos command when a link is initiated. This
should be used for this purpose (i.e. a batch file). It may also be necessary
to modify the routing tables of any downstream hosts to allow them to use the
CIPE VPN as a route.

DKW