Subject: RE: Windows 2000 CIPE Configuration
From: Daniel Gibbs <d.gibbs,AT,online-bills,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:15:42 +0200
Title: RE: Windows 2000 CIPE Configuration

Sorry
it's take so long to get back to you.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>?
You
need to use
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>?
route
add?<Remotenetwork> mask?<remotesubnetmask>
<Gateway-Other-end-of-thecipe-link>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>?
<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>hope this helps.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>dan

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Joseph Jamieson
  [mailto:jjamieson,AT,futurefoundations,DOT,com: 13 August 2002 12:46
  PMTo: Daniel GibbsSubject: RE: Windows 2000 CIPE
  Configuration
  typed this command, and I got:
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>?
  The
  route addition failed: Either the interface index is wrong or the gateway
  does not lie on the same network as the interface. Check the IP Address
  Table forthe machine.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>?
  also tried various IF numbers, and on IF 2 I got the same old "Parameter is
  incorrect" error message.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>?
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Windows is such a pain.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Daniel Gibbs
    [mailto:d.gibbs,AT,online-bills,DOT,com: Tuesday, August 13, 2002
    7:37 AMTo: Joseph JamiesonSubject: RE: Windows 2000
    CIPE Configuration
    try route ADD 192.168.5.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.0.2.1 IF
    10.0.2.2
    this will try to force the interface it's binding
    to..
    Hm or does win2k need the interface number...
    I'll have a look at what I did later ( as cipe is on another
    system).
    -----Original Message----- From:
    Joseph Jamieson [<A

href="mailto:jjamieson,AT,futurefoundations,DOT,com";>mailto:jjamieson,AT,futurefoundations,DOT,com

    Sent: 13 August 2002 12:15 PM To:
    Daniel Gibbs Subject: RE: Windows 2000 CIPE
    Configuration
    Remote net is 192.168.5.0/24.
    Local ptp is 10.0.2.2 Remote ptp is
    10.0.2.1
    I do this on the Windows machine:
    route ADD 192.168.5.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.0.2.1

    and I get:
    The route addition failed: The parameter is
    incorrect.
    I've tried changing the gateway to 10.0.2.2 as well same
    error. The CIPE adapter doesn't show up in Routing
    and Remote access either.
    Only time I've seen this error is when you try to source
    route..
    Thanks. (ps, I think we may be on completely different
    timezones, but I'll add you to my MSN list)
    -----Original Message----- From:
    Daniel Gibbs [<A

href="mailto:d.gibbs,AT,online-bills,DOT,com";>mailto:d.gibbs,AT,online-bills,DOT,com

    Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 4:32 AM <FONT
    size=2>To: Joseph Jamieson Subject: RE: Windows 2000
    CIPE Configuration
    whats the command your using?
    if your on msn add me 'natty,AT,dread,DOT,eu,DOT,org' <FONT

    Sent: 13 August 2002 09:30 AM To:
    Daniel Gibbs Subject: RE: Windows 2000 CIPE
    Configuration
    Yes I can ping both ways through the tunnel.?? The
    only problem is on the Windows machine, it won't let me add the route to
the
    remote network.

    Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 4:12 AM <FONT
    size=2>To: Joseph Jamieson Subject: RE: Windows 2000
    CIPE Configuration
    Hmm. Odd I gained a defulat defulat gateway..
    Looking at my config (I havnt used it for ages) does have a
    defulat gateway under the adaptor.. Is your tunnel
    working properly? -----Original Message-----