Subject: newbie in trouble with pkcipe on linux
From: Mikko Pasanen <miapasan,AT,cs,DOT,uku,DOT,fi>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:43:57 +0200

        I have succesfully installed cipe between two hosts, but i would
like to add some more and start using pkcipe. Base system is SuSE 7.3, and
i'm using rollyourown 2.4.18 kernel with it, cipe is 1.5.4. I can get
tunnel working when running ciped-cb either with initscript or with
startproc. Tunnel is working perfectly. When i initiate connection with
pkcipe from the host which is masqed behind the firewall, it informs about
starting ciped-cb, which it does and cipe network interfaces become
availlable when i try to ping there's no traffic between them, it's
somehow broken. Cipe daemon process is running on the both sides too. Any
ideas are highly appreciated.