Subject: Re: CIPE-win32 how work it ?
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:18:14 +0200

CIPE-Win32 has 2 parts:

a) The CIPE adapter driver which is responsible for implementing the CIPE
adapters and their respective TAP devices. The network adapter will send any
packets it receives out of the TAP device. Conversely, anything sent to the
TAP  device will appear to "leave" the adapter.

b) The CIPE service implements the (possibly encrypted) tunnel and handles,
in
usermode, all of the packets going through the TAP device/s.

DKW