Subject: CIPE on DEC Alpha
From: Mike Warnecke <mike,AT,moops,DOT,org>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:12:44 +0200

Hi all, I'm new to the CIPE list.  I'm assuming it is ok to post in
English, since most of the other posts are in English.

After a miserable time with FreeS/WAN to set up the first link in my
replacement VPN, I decided to use CIPE, but ran into troubles.

Is anyone using CIPE on Alpha hardware?  I had troubles which I managed
to fix:
1) Many warnings from gcc 3.1, I went instead to 2.96 for both kernel
and CIPE
2) The crc32 code assumes unsigned long is 32 bits, which fails
miserably on Alpha.  This should really be set using __u_int32_t or
something similar.
3) A few calls to bind were missing the cast from sockaddr_in* to sockaddr*.

Has anyone else experienced problems in these areas?  I'd like to know
if it's my build environment before I submit patches to Olaf.

Anyway, the link is working now, and gives me great performance, and is
orders of magnitude simpler than FreeS/WAN.

Later,
Mike