Subject: Re: W2K/2.0-pre14 service start troubles
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:51:13 +0200

Hi, guys,

I've never really found a satisfactory way to startup the CIPE daemon. I've
placed it VERY late in the networking dependency list to avoid the very
behaviour you guys are seeing, that is, the slow booting caused by Windows
waiting for the service to start successfully. If I start the service
manually or after the whole boot "thing" is done, it never has a problem. I
haven't figured out what Windows wants or what my service wants that causes
this situation. I'll figure it out one day, unless one of you guys beats me
to it...

DKW