Subject: Re: CIPE on DEC Alpha
From: Mike Warnecke <mike,AT,moops,DOT,org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:48:04 +0200

Comments are in-line:

Olaf Titz wrote:

>>I've read a couple of other posts from other people that have had problems
>>on Alpha.  I believe it was assumed to be due to the 64bit long, but no-one
>>

>64bit stuff, rather likely. I've zero experience with that (though
>most of the module code uses the kernel data types where appropriate).

Using the kernel data types is great.  It was the crc32.c that was at
fault.  I believe that it was programmed for DOS 16-bit mode because it
uses a long int for a 32 bit word.  I havn't seen that since I last
programmed for DOS back in the olden days. =)

Anyway, the changes were quite simple.  Should I make a diff for 1.5.4,
or get the development snapshot, or both?