Subject: RE: SMB protocol runs slowly over Cipe
From: Rod Boyce <rod_boyce,AT,stratexnet,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:25:27 +0200

There are lots of reasons for this.  Do you have a WINS server operating at
both ends?  Are both end of the link either in the same domain or the PDCs a
each end trust each other.  I can get the same results over a 100MB lan by
just not trusting the two PDCs that each machine is logged in to.  Try not
logging into a domain at each end you should see an improvement.  SMB does
not cross subnets without help I usually put in a Linux box at each end to
help out.

If SMB was an animal it would go wolf and most people would have shot it or
put it down humanely.

Regards,
Rod Boyce.