Subject: RE: SMB protocol runs slowly over Cipe
From: Tanel <tanel,AT,kivilinn,DOT,tartu,DOT,ee>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:04:52 +0200

I have WINS server at one end. It doesn't matter if I log onto domain or
not and doesn't matter if I use trusting accounts or not (win2k or win9x),
it's always slow.

SMB is as fast as your cable speed with FreeSWAN tunnels ! ! !
I tried it few days ago and I got very good test speeds. so if you need to
tunnel windows LAN-s, use it. http://www.freeswan.org
I didn't hope it solves my problems, but it really did and it's very
interesting, why is it slow with Cipe and not with FreeSWAN.

Has anybody tested another tunnels?