Subject: RE: SMB protocol runs slowly over Cipe
From: "Joseph Jamieson" <jjamieson,AT,futurefoundations,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 13:12:01 +0200

I do SMB over the cipe tunnels all the time, and I have very good
performance over every link.  Much better then I ever expected, and vast
improvement over the Windows "PPTP" implementation.

I guess there are a lot of reasons SMB could perform badly for you,
perhaps some sort of odd packet sizes or something.  I don't know.
Just letting you know it's not typical =)

-Joe