Subject: Re: Win32 CIPE on windows 2000 SP2(3) - crashing.
From: Vladimir Michl <vladimir.michl,AT,hlubocky,DOT,del,DOT,cz>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:43:11 +0200

I'am looking in cipdrvr and thing that know why windows go to blue screen.

In CipeTapDeviceHook you set in IRP_MJ_READ

            else if (QueuePush (&l_Extension->m_IrpQueue, p_IRP) == p_IRP)
// Attempt to pend read request
               {
                IoSetCancelRoutine (p_IRP, CancelIRP);
                l_Status = STATUS_PENDING;
                IoMarkIrpPending (p_IRP);

but in CompleteIRP before IoCompleteRequest is not cancel routine unset.

On microsoft about stop error CANCEL_STATE_IN_COMPLETED_IRP wrote:

This error message indicates that an I/O request packet (IRP) that is to
be cancelled has a cancel routine specified in the packet, which means
that the packet is in a state in which the packet can be cancelled.
However, the packet no longer belongs to a driver because the packet has
entered I/O completion. Either this is a driver issue, or more than one
driver is gaining access to the same packet (this is not likely and is
much more difficult to find).

I don't know algorithm how driver and system exchnage packet, but thing
that this may be cause.