Subject: Re: Trouble with CIPE RedHat 8.0 to Windows
From: "Christopher J. Oliver" <cjo,AT,sympatico,DOT,ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:51:32 +0200

Paul,

RH 8.0 doesn't ship with CIPE 1.54...they are still using an older
version.  What I did on RH7.3 was to keep the old RH rpm installed, and
grab the 1.54 tarball and install by hand.  Keep the RH scripts (they are
useful), and copy the binary over the older version.  The kernel module
will install itself into the right directory anyways.  Worked great for me.

Of course, if you have already upgrade to cipe 1.54 on your RH 8 box, you
can certainly ignore this. :)

Good luck.

Chris