Subject: tunnel net2phone, MSN and Yahoo voice chat over cipe
From: Sohail Aslam <sohail,AT,techlogix,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:05:57 +0200

Greetings,

Recently, our ISP has decided to block Net2phone, MSN, Yahoo and other
voice-based chatting and telephony services. We have a CIPE link setup
between our Lahore, Pakistan office and our Boston office. The Lahore
office has a DSL link to the Internet with a fixed IP. The Boston office
has a high speed internet DSL link from Qwest. Cipe is running on Redhat
 linux in both offices. Is it possible to tunnel Net2phone, MSN etc.
traffic through the CIPE link and have the voice packet go out on the
Internet from our Boston office instead of the Lahore office? If this
were possible, the local ISP will only see CIPE UDP packets going to
Boston. The Boston linux machine would pull out the voice packets,
masquared the IP address (we use 192.168 address on the internal network
in Lahore) and send the packet off to Internet. Could someone please
provide the necessary route entries to do this?

Sohail Aslam
www.techlogix.com