Subject: Re: CIPE & VTun for Windows
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:20:16 +0200

What's an MS VPN adapter ? If it's PPTP then, remember, PPTP is implemented
as
a RAS dialup connection. CIPE is not a dialup virtual adapter. In fact, it's
designed for "always on" operation, i.e., the interface and any routes
defined for it should always appear active to the system.

I really don't know what netsh is supposed to do to any interface it touches
but it appears to me that it expects a NIC supporting a set of IOCTLs that I
don't export. I presume that running that command on an Ethernet card  works
as expected ?

DKW