Subject: Re: CIPE & VTun for Windows
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:20:23 +0200

No, I am not familiar with what that service is supposed to accomplish.
However, if all you're trying to do is make Windows NT (any of them) act as a
router, you don't have to have the service to do it.

CIPE-Win32 has been tested as a router using multiple CIPE interfaces, peers
and LAN connections. Furthermore, the CIPE-Win32 interfaces are themselves
implemented as plain old Ethernet interfaces, complete with MAC addresses for
both the local interfaces and any peers defined for them. Whatever
capabilities that Windows provides for Ethernet interfaces should also apply
to CIPE-Win32.

Hope that helps,

DKW