Subject: RE: CIPE and ADSL lines
From: Tony Langdon <tlangdon,AT,atctraining,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:03:35 +0200

> I think you are getting confused with the fact that cipcb0
> (your cipe interface)
> and ppp0 (your Internet interface) are both "the Internet".
> Think of them as two
> seperate interfaces, like eth0 and eth1 (if I understand your
> confusion). So, to
> route via the cipcb0 interface to your remote LAN, you would
> have a command

Well put.  cipcb0 should be treated as an Ethernet interface.  Think of the
CIPE link as a pair of Ethernet cards (one in each router) connected by a
crossover cable, and base your routing around that.  The fact that the
interface has a funny name and the "crossover cable" is virtual doesn't
change anything (except how far apart the routers can be! ;) ).

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person?s use only. It may contain