Subject: Re: obvious(?) question
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:48:46 +0200

Also,

That kind of thinking is dangerously self-limiting. Most of us freeware (I'm
RMS-compatible today) developers are trying to solve our own real-world
problems when we undertake these difficult tasks. If I, for one, could force
all the real world users out there to use Linux, should I ? There are some
who really are dependent on one solution or another that doesn't exist
anywhere but Windows. Should I make them quit their jobs because some
software vendor won't port the app that they need to Linux or OSX or BeOS,
etc ?

The impetus for CIPE-Win32 was that, after eschewing PPTP and IpSEC VPN
solutions and choosing CIPE, Windows-based road warriors needed a way to
connect to the (Linux-based) VPN to access the Sybase database inside. I
wrote the code to do it and the "itch" was scratched.

I like to think that CIPE-Win32 has aided the cause of getting more people to
use Linux for VPNs and routers. What would your tactic accomplish ?

DKW