Subject: RE: CIPE and ADSL lines
From: Tony Langdon <tlangdon,AT,atctraining,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:25:52 +0200

> I was considering the cipe interface and the internal
> ethernet interface
> with the SAME ip address. In fact, that's the setup I have working now

That does work for a Linux only system (I have one of my CIPE links using
the same IP as eth0), but it breaks down if one end is running Win32 CIPE.
However, that's really a distraction, the principles for routing are the
same, whether the CIPE tunnel uses the same IP as the internal Ethernet or
not.

Good luck with your VPN :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses