Subject: Strange Problems with Cipe tunnel
From: Al Adler <aadler,AT,sourcecodecorp,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:41:51 +0100

Hello,
    I've just recently set up cipe running between two redhat 8 linux
boxes, one in my office and one attached to the cable modem at my house.
The goal of this was to provide static Ip's from my office subnet to my
home network via the cipe tunnel.  Each linux box is running the RPM
version of cipe provided with rh8, 1.4.5-11. The cipe tunnel is up and
working and I can ping all the interconnected hosts just fine from any
of the local IP addresses and I can ping most of the sites I try on the
internet. Web browsing and ftp downloads through the tunnel work for
most web sites but I'm having problems with certain  sites(including
freshmeat and a number of secure sites)  and http file downloads - they
just never complete the initial page load or download request. DNS and
routing all seem to be working allright. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Al