Subject: Re: Question about your NDIS driver
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:24:07 +0100

I just looked at your logs again. The stupid thing is saying that NDIS 4.0
drivers are "inappropriate" (!) for the platform. I'm not sure what to say
about that except that, if that's true, Win2K shouldn't allow it to run at
all.

It saw my lack of support for OID_GEN_PHYSICAL_MEDIUM which is documented as
optional, but that variation failed because of it.

It complained that OID_TCP_TASK_OFFLOAD was not supported, which it isn't. I
don't know what I should do here...

And it complained about OID_PNP_CAPABILITIES which is needed for wake on lan.
Need I say more about that ?

I'm not sure if these things are even required for dynamic routing. Ask the
Microsoft Engineer for me since you already have his ear, I don't want to
call them myself because it's always too painful. I have the WDM book
somewhere so I suppose I should look there, too.

DKW