Subject: Questions
From: Aaron Anderson <aaron,AT,echostar,DOT,ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:35:48 +0100

I was able to setup CIPE with very little problem between 2 linux boxes.  I
am using it to bridge 2 networks together over DSL lines.  I have a couple
questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer:

1) Is there a way to make CIPE die more gracefully?  If cipe dies at one end
it still stays active at another.  If I re-initiate the connection then
another interface is created (ie cipcb1) but it has the same IP address as
cipcb0 and therefore the same routing entries exist.  Packets coming in from
cipcb1 are attempting to route back through cipcb0.  I have to login and
kill the existing cipe process.  This also brings me to question 2.

2) "RoadWarriors".  If they start connecting to the VPN and then after
disconnecting the cipe process and interface is still alive, then if they
re-connect there will still be an existing route to a broken tunnel.  My
other question regarding "roadwarriors" is what Win32 client would I use to
connect, if one exists.

thanks,

Aaron