Subject: Re: CIPE for windows
From: Michael Hayder <mic-lists-cipe,AT,wlug,DOT,de>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:35:18 +0100

Hello Everyone....

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 00:45, Damion Wilson wrote:
> XP works but I haven't actually done it myself. Technically, any NT-based
> system should work. DOS-based Windows is out for the moment. However, if
> someone can try loading the driver under 95/98/ME or, better yet, compiling
> the driver using the Windows 98 DDK/SDK and then trying to load the result,
> then porting will get much easier. Once the driver loads and runs then
> everything else is gravy. If the driver needs real work then it could take
> month or so, is my guess. It shouldn't be a total rewrite for either the
> driver or the service.

Yes --- XP Works fine .... including with all ServicePacks available at
the moment .... we have testet cipe for XP and 2000 very heavy and there
seems no Problem exept M$ Windows.
Comment:
XP is a strange thing ... many pictures and colors  ..  but no real
bash/csh :->

W95/98: do you know exactly with which compiler (Version) cipe could be
compiled best under windows ???? Sorry I am not a Windows man 2.

Greets
mic