Subject: general cipe questions for the linux platform
From: "Tom Van Overbeke" <Tvanoverbeke,AT,atos,DOT,be>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:55:36 +0100

Hi,
?
I just found out about the existence of cipe
(v1.5.4)?and it looks to be just what the doctor ordered.
?
unfortunately, i find the documentation a bit
lacking with respect to the way a connection is setup, so'ill just post how i
think it's supposed to be?setup, and if there are any errors, i hope you
will correct me.
?
(oh yes,i want to connect two linux machines that
are both behind a dmz.)
?
on my own machine, i compile the product, load the
cipcb module, and launch the ciped-cb daemon with the appropriate options in
the
/etc/cipe/options file.
?
on the other machine, i do exactly the same, and
when i launch the ciped-cb, it will try to contact the remote server and
establish a connection. right ?
?
BTW, i had problems compiling cipe on both rh8.0
and 7.2 platforms.
on rh8.0, depmod had some problems (during the make
install phase), but i could afterwards insmod the module without problems.
(althoug the make install phase was stopped at the depmod bit,?and i don't
know if everything else was installed correctly).
?
on rh7.2, everything installed without a problem,
but when i launch the ciped-cb daemon, i get the following error in the
systlog
file:
?
ciped version mismatch f3d2234c ->
25bed682
?
i also noticed that on the redhat 7.2 pc, the
install went fine and created a rsa key in /etc/cipe/identity and
/etc/cipe/identity.priv. I do not have these files on the redhat 8.0 pc. are
they required for the proper functioning of cipe ?
?
a lot of questions, i hope someone can help me out
a bit.
?
?
thanks,
?
?
Tom.
?
?
?
?
?
--Tom Van OverbekeCCN/TC System &
Network Admin
?
Atos OriginImperiastraat, 10B-1930
Zaventem??? BELGIUMTel: +32 2 712 2824Fax: +32 2 402 07
50****************************************************************************
Disclaimer:
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages
resulting from any virus transmitted.
Thank You.