Subject: Re: win2k : can't enter static key on CPL
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:29:18 +0100

The PTP addresses refer to the VPN interface addresses on either side of the
"link". The Peer IP address is the LAN address of the remote computer.

Here's a translation table:

CIPE    CIPE-Win32
-----   -------------
ipaddr  Local PTP Address
ptpaddr Peer PTP Address
me              Local IP Address
peer    Peer IP Address

It might help you a little if you thought of each CIPE participant as peers
and not as clients or servers. CIPE behaves identically on each end of a
tunnel.

If the service doesn't start, you can debug it by running it from the console
with the command :-

cipsrvr console

Any errors should appear in the same console window.

DKW