Subject: RE: Request for help getting pkcipe configured correctly
From: Evan Harris <eharris,AT,puremagic,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:11:55 +0100

The ping I was doing by hand (during testing), and I wasn't sure I should
use dynip since the ip address of the client in this particulare config
really doesn't change, only the source port, but I'll try it.

I think the root problem is making pkcipe on the server only setup ciped to
talk from a fixed port.  That way, when the client negotiates with pkcipe,
it would know to only talk to a particular port on the server, rather than a
random one, and thus allowed through the server's firewall.  This is
required since the firewall on the server side isn't under my control, and I
have to use an already allowed udp port (for security reasons, they won't
allow incoming udp:any->udp:any, though I can use udp:any->udp:fixed).

Thanks.

Evan