Subject: RE: How to make CIPE for Windows work like a PPP connection?
From: "Les Mikesell" <les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:51:03 +0100

From: Damion Wilson

> No, don't do that. CIPE-Win32 does emulate an Ethernet LAN (including ARP
> synthesis). Just set the subnet mask properly (preferably Class C) for each
> VPN adapter in the TCP/IP settings and then configure each peer's settings
> for that adapter. I had three and four way VPN pseudo-LAN's running like
>that
> two years ago. It even handles broadcasts.

Doesn't that make a lot of extra traffic over the WAN compared to normal
routing?  I've got a dozen offices connected through Linux CIPE tunnels
that look like 4 host subnets with appropriate routes through each.  I don't
think I'd want it to look like an ethernet or carry all the broadcasts.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com