Subject: Re: How to make CIPE for Windows work like a PPP connection?
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:10:39 +0100

Each tunnel will only get traffic sent to the CIPE adapter's MAC on the far
end or to the broadcast MAC (0's).

So if you have the following three way tunnel setup (showing only the CIPE
adapters) ...

traffic from to will never be sent over the tunnel
between and However, if broadcast
packets to (subnetted to, those packets would
traverse both tunnels.

You're right about the traffic if you are broadcasting in this fashion and
both peers are a WAN away from because the broadcast would be
turned into two VPN tunnel packets.

With your original setup, you don't show the routing rules, which you must
have because is the router for each of these point to point
tunnels. i.e. must "know" that is the way to,
and so on.

Hope that helps.