Subject: Re: re to: Cipe driver for Windows XP -> CIPE-Win32 v2.0-pre15 works in Windows XP
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:46:57 +0100

You shouldn't have had to go through all of that. The installer script does
exactly what you typed in by hand. Did you verify that cipsrvr.exe existed in
Winnt\system32 before you copied it ?

Unfortunately, just like in Win2K, on some installs, the service is unable to
run when Windows tries to start it because of some service dependency that
I've been unable to fathom. As a consequence, I may switch the installed mode
to manual and then start it from the Run key in the registry instead.

DKW

Also