Subject: RE: FYI: Cipe Service start reg patch ?
From: "Richard Fudge" <rich,AT,consultronics,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:03:59 +0100

The 2 service dependencies referenced in the hex strings are "Tcpip" and
"CIPE", which as I understand it means that the CIPE_Daemon will only get
started after both the Tcpip Service and the CIPE Adaptor have been started
? Sounds logical to me ....

Not sure whether the TDI Layer group is a good thing or not :-

From:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/3131/ntserver/nt_core09.html
"Transport Driver Interface:
TDI provides a common, accepted way for file system drivers to talk to
protocols
The TDI is a boundary layer that provides a common programming interface for
file system drivers"

Guess this means that the TDI layer will be above the Networking layer, so
the service will get started after all the networking interfaces are up. It
is also worth noting that the DHCP Client service is also in the TDI group
and depends on Tcpip, so I would guess that it would be ok to keep the Cipe
Daemon there ?

Richard Fudge