Subject: Re: First impressions
From: Denis Vlasenko <insecure,AT,mail,DOT,od,DOT,ua>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:55:57 +0100

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 13:47, Sven Schultheiß wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:28:31PM -0200, insecure,AT,mail,DOT,od,DOT,ua
> wrote:
> > Note that I have to store key on disk, ciped refuses to take
> > it from e.g. stdin. I mush choose between storing it on disk
> > permanently (less secure) or rm'img (racy).
>
> Setting the right permissions for your Cipe options file, just root
> can access them, so there should be no risk. And if someone gains
> root access on your Cipe box, you might have more important problems
> than this.

You are right. But root can expose this file by mistake...

Anyway, I was complaining because I dont need to store key
_anywhere_, I just generate it and want to feed it to local daemon
via stdin and to remote daemon thru ssh via stdin also.

Cute eh?  ;)

Unfortunately ciped insists on key being stored in a file.
Well, complaining wont do much, I need to cook up a patch. Wow.
--
vda