Subject: RE: options config...
From: Amith Varghese <amith,AT,xalan,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:47:36 +0100

> Probably you are using your firewall to filter incoming packets so the
> packets will only pass through if it the conversation is "established" and
> since UDP is a connectionless protocol, there is a timer where after some
> amount of inactivity the return packets are no longer considered as part of
> an "established" conversation.
>
> You will need to let ALL UDP packets for the appropriate port (from your
> peer's IP address) through the firewall.

In my request for them to open a port I told them to open up port xxxx for
all
UDP traffic.  I don't know how they could screw that up.  Is there any easy
way
to run a UDP daemon on that UDP port (when CIPE is down) to check to see
whether
that port is open?  I know I could write a C program, but its been a *long*
time
since I've written anything in C.

Thanks
Amith