Subject: Re: How many cipe-device
From: Veros Kaplan <veros-cipe,AT,tac,DOT,cz>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:29:22 +0100

Peter van den Heuvel wrote/napsal:
: >>somebody known what numeber of connection/device/tunnel a linuxbox
: >>cipe-enableb can be manage teorically?
: That of course depends on the hardware, the amount of traffic and
: packets per second and the required responsiveness. So far I've not used
: more than some 8 per box and never managed to detect activity. But maybe
: someone with a realy large number of connections could share experiences?

13 tunnels on Pentium 166, 32MB RAM

but I don't think it is a big number. The tunnels are used ocassionally,
beeing a server for road warriors.

V&ecaron;ro&scaron; Kaplan
--
V&ecaron;ro&scaron; Kaplan <veros @ tac . cz>
Tacoma Computers, Sta&ncaron;kova 18a, Brno, CZ