Subject: Communication breakdown....
From: Stephen Stewart <stewart.stephen,AT,wanadoo,DOT,fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:04:59 +0100

Hello List,

 I have a situation were my cipe tunnel works perfectly for a limited
 time, anywhere between 10 mins to several hours. After failing the
 link may come back for a short time.

 Here is how things are setup:

 Machine A (remote)
 Fixed IP machine with masquerading NAT (watchgaurd firebox)
 win2k
 running cipe 2.0-Pre.15

 Machine B (local)
 DSL dynamic IP
 win2k
 running cipe 2.0-Pre.15

 Currently both machines are running cipsrvr in console mode. When the
 link is broken the remote machine reports

[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=2a5bc18 KEYLEN=16
[Paris] Sending CT_PING message
[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=4096696f KEYLEN=16
[{31D59637-79A6-4C64-9F5D-2C920A98279C}] Generating ARP entry for
[Paris:10.0.0.
1]
[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=12f54937 KEYLEN=16
[Paris] Sending CT_PING message
[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=81b2f10b KEYLEN=16
[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=58c0725d KEYLEN=16
[Paris] Sending CT_PING message
[Paris] Sending CT_PING message
[Paris] NK_REQ: Received request from peer to generate new sending key.
CRC=166950d4 KEYLEN=16

and the local machine reports nothing, ie. there is no "Installing new
encryption key" message, just a sequence of ARP messages. Restarting
the local peer may fix things but only for a short while and then it's
gone again.

Restarting both ends obviously fixes things temporarily.

I don't know where to go from here....
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Best regards,
 Stephen                          mailto:stewart.stephen,AT,wanadoo,DOT,fr