Subject: Re: Setting up cipe to listen on multiple interfaces (fwd)
From: Evan Harris <eharris,AT,puremagic,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:51:41 +0100

I didn't want to run it from inetd because it seems like there would be a
problem if the tunnel was established on one interface (call it eth1), but
after some time, the network connectivity on that interface dies for some
significant amount of time, so the client tries to reestablish the tunnel,
this time to the IP on eth2.  There would then be two ciped's running, but
with the same tunnel info.  Seems like it would step on each other.

But this also brings up another problem.  Assuming long-lived ciped
instances, if the peer option is set with a dns name that resolves to
several ip's, is ciped smart enough to try each ip in turn each time it's
trying to reestablish the tunnel, or does it only get the first ip at
program start time, and use that forevermore?

Thanks.

Evan