Subject: cipe setup with redhat-config-network
From: Kim Lux <lux,AT,diesel-research,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:44:47 +0100

Hi people.

I've been using redhat-config-network (aka neat) to configure my cipe
connections.

There are a couple of things I don't understand:

a) what is "tunnel through device" supposed to be set to ?  I always
thought eth0 would be the logical choice, but there is a setting for
"None-Server Mode".  What is that about ?  Allowing the connection to
come through on any interface ?

b) if one selects "Server Mode" for "Remote Peer Address", in the
"Configuration for your remote partner", it states "IP Address Of Tunnel
Device": Server Mode.  Is this a mistake ?  Ie if we set this cipe
device to operate in server mode, we need to set the IP Address of the
partner device to point to THIS computer, thus it should have a legit IP
address, right ?

c) do I or don't I need to set a route for the cipe device ?  If the
remote cipe virtual address is 10.0.1.1 and the remote network is
10.0.1.x, will the cipe device route automatically or do I have to set
up a route for it.  It makes sense that I would, but I'll ask anyway.

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux <lux,AT,diesel-research,DOT,com>