Subject: Re: winCIPE questions?
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:59:45 +0100

No, I don't mind. But it's better for you if you email the list. Believe it
or
not, there are people out there who have set the thing up more than I.

There's a little readme in the distribution but, no one's had the time  to do
a FAQ for it.

Here goes, I'm assuming you're running Win2K:

1. Go to Control Panel, run the Add/Remove Hardware wizard
2. Select Add/Troubleshoot device.
3. Add a new device, don't bother searching, select from list
4. Select "Network adapters"
5. "Have disk..." and browse to the cipe distribution "Disk1" directory
6. Select the OemWin2K.inf file
7. Windows will complain that the driver isn't "signed". Click OK
8. Windows will then load the driver and create the new instance.
9. Go Control Panel and select the Network and Dialup connections

10. Select the properties for the "CIPE VPN Adapter" and setup the IP
information for this adapter. The IP address you set here will be the VPN IP
address for this host.

11. Go to Control Panel, run the CIPE settings applet.
12. Select the (possibly only) CIPE adapter and press the new peer button
13. Enter the cipe settings for this peer connection. The fields are
analogous
to those in CIPE on Linux.

14. Press Done when finished.

15. Go to Control Panel, run the Services applet from "Administrative Tools"
16. Start the "DKW Heavy Indiustries VPN Adapter Service"
17. That should do it. Any tweaking/changes to the setup should occur in the
CIPE Settings applet.

DKW