Subject: Re: winCIPE questions?
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:55:33 +0100

You don't have to have a default gateway for each adapter.

The PTP addresses are in a different address space than your Ethernet adapter
IP addresses. Think of the VPN as being an entirely different network, like
adding another Ethernet card to your computer.

I presume that your friend is using Win2K CIPE as well. His PTP Peer should
be
your PTP Local and vice versa. The peer IP and port are used to send tunnel
packets (over the LAN/WAN) to the peer which should have that same IP and
port as its local IP/port.

Perhaps it would help for you to do some background reading on TCP/IP and
TCP/IP routing. It'll be easier for me to explain once you have that
background.

DKW