<< | Thread Index | >> ]    [ << | Date Index | >> ]

Subject: Re: cipe-Win32 (2.0-pre15) and ARP requests...
From: "Lawrence Katz" <ljk,AT,larryka,DOT,tzo,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 05:30:09 +0100
In-reply-to: <004801c2f194$944ad060$0a02a8c0@notebook2>

Rod and Tony,

Thanks for the replies.  They made me take a step back and realize
that my routing was wrong :)  I decided to set my notebook's PTPAddr
to 192.168.1.2 and the server's PTPAddr to 192.168.1.1.  I then added
a static route of 192.168.0.0/24 via 192.168.1.1 on my notebook, and a
static route of 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.9 on my home network's
default gateway.  After doing this, everything is working perfectly.
I can now ping/access all of the hosts on my home network from a
dial-up connection.  We'll see what happens tomorrow when I'm in the
office and behind our firewall.

I guess my issue before was that I was trying to use the 192.168.2.10
interface as the gateway address for the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet,
causing windows to think that 192.168.0.0 hosts were on the local CIPE
interface.  This was probably causing Windows to send ARP requests,
which weren't being answered.  Spoofing the MAC address to the
192.168.2.10 interface somehow caused the packets to make it through
the tunnel and back.

Thanks,
Lawrence





<< | Thread Index | >> ]    [ << | Date Index | >> ]