Subject: Re: CIPE source code modifications
From: Carsten Emde <ce,AT,ceag,DOT,ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 02:58:20 +0100

Damion K. Wilson wrote:

> BerkeleyDB supports Rijndael encryption/password protection of and entire
> database. I'm thinking along those lines. I'll need some feedback from the
> community on how the CIPE-Win32 Manager application is going to address
> people's requirements. In fact, if the list could send me their wish/pet
> peeve lists, that'd help a lot.
I certainly cannot speak for the CIPE-Win32 community - just my personal
opinion. I would propose continue using the Windows registry and
optionally encrypt the entries that we would like to prevent from being
inspected. A special database for this purpose would probably bring more
problems than solutions, primarily because of the need to maintain and
to manage the database files. I like the way the registry interface is
made - I would not change it.

Carsten.