Subject: Re: Setup Questions and help
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:48:07 +0100

The IP address for the adapter shouldn't be on the same subnet as any of your
other network adapters, and it should be from one of the private addresses
such as 192.168.0.x.

Yes, the service cipsrvr.exe is what implements the tunnel. It must
(eventually) run for the VPN to work.

Yeah, it's not the most intuitive for non-cipe users. Each adapter can have
any number of peers (using the New Peer button). Each peer gets its own
tunnel which needs a PTP address, the Local and Peer IP addresses and ports
for UDP packets to traverse, and the static key used for initial packet
encryption.

If you have a firewall on each side, you may need to port forward the
incoming
UDP packets from that firewall to each peer.

DKW