Subject: Re: IDEA (and another query)
From: "Eric M. Hopper" <hopper,AT,omnifarious,DOT,org>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:17:12 +0200

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 18:24, Damion Wilson wrote:
> Do we have to adopt the Linux Crypto API ? Does it save work to go that way
>
> rather than roll our own (common) methodology, say, using a plugin approach
>?
>
> Windows does have a crypto "API" but it is largely incompatible with the
>Linux
> approach.

It is important to use the Linux crypto API if it's there.  There is a
lot of crypto hardware being made, and I believe the crypto API is
designed to let you transparently interface with that hardware.  So
using the API would give you hardware accelerated crypto on boxes that
had it.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton