Subject: Re: Windows routing
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:21:48 +0200

Hmmm,

Seemingly, all you'd need is a static route table entry on "Bill" to say that
the gateway for the 172.16.1.x network is 17.16.0.1. However, this business
with the "tunnel failing" when route table entries are changed is pretty much
unheard of. You don't show what the non CIPE (Ethernet, I guess) network
addresses are, but it's my guess that when you are changing the routing table
entries, you're somehow invalidating the traffic needed to implement the
tunnel itself.

What happens when, without mucking with the routing table, the tunnel is
enabled and you ping 172.16.0.2 -> 172.16.0.1 ?

DKW