Subject: RE: Windows routing
From: Tony Langdon <tlangdon,AT,atctraining,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:35:08 +0200

> I'm trying to setup a link between two VPNs.
>
>    Bill                    Tux                  Fred
> 172.16.0.2        172.16.0.1 172.16.1.1      172.16.1.2
> Windows 2k  <---->    Linux Server    <----> Windows 2k
>              CIPE                      CIPE

One trick to CIPE routing - use a separate "dummy" network for the CIPE
link.  Windows does NOT like you having two interfaces on a machine with the
same IP or even network ID.  I found that out the hard way.  In other words,
you can't do the trick of having both interfaces having the same IP address
(like you can with Linux).